Kitty's Purrfect Spa
grooming by Deborah
in YOUR home Cat Grooming
Preparing For Your Appointment
Half an hour before your appointment:
Round up your Kitty and leave Kitty in a small room that will not be used for the grooming session. This way, Kitty’s Purrfect Spa can set up without worrying about where Kitty is.
It is important for the owners to stay calm, your feline will pick up on your excitement. If you can not locate, or capture Kitty, Kitty’s Purrfect Spa will round up Kitty for an additional fee. Expect us to arrive at your scheduled time as Kitty’s Purrfect Spa has over a 98% on time arrival rate.
Kitty’s Purrfect Spa will need the following 3 things:
1) Sink area with a spray nozzle. Spray nozzles give the best results with the high-quality shampoos used to bathe your feline. The bathing area needs to have the counter area, around the sink, cleared off for cat’s safety. Cats like to reach for items during the bathing process.
2) A small bathroom for drying and clipping. Kitty’s Purrfect Spa works on the floor, please provide a room without carpeting. Please make sure the door opens fully, the litter box has been removed and the base of the toilet has been wiped down for our groomer’s safety.
3) Three towels for the first cat, two towels for each additional cat to dry and hold your furry family member. House Call grooming is based on what is most comfortable for your feline. Your cat will be more comfortable being wrapped up in something that smells like Kitty’s home. Sometimes Kitty’s fur gets stuck in the towel. Please do not give us your best towels.
Please respect the health and safety of our groomer!
- Remove the litter box from our work area
- Sweep up any litter out of our work area
- Wipe the base of the toilet and floor
- Monitor the temperature in our work area
A few things to keep in mind:
It is also important your house is calm and quiet to prevent unexpected movements in your Kitty. If you need to have any deliveries, service providers, visitors, repairs or construction in your house during your scheduled grooming time, for the safety of both the feline and groomer, we ask that you reschedule your appointment with Kitty’s Purrfect Spa.
Please be aware that bathrooms with or without exhaust fans heat up quickly. For the safety of your Kitty and the groomer, make sure your house is cool enough at the time of your appointment that Kitty and Groomer do not overheat. The ideal temperature is 70-75, however, please do not turn on your heater prior to our arrival. Humidity increases an average of 22% during the grooming process. Ideal humidity is under 45%, moister environments will affect the final product. Grooming will stop at 80 degrees or 60% humidity, whichever comes first.
After the Groom:
We are confident that after your feline is groomed, you will have less shedding, hairballs and a happier more affectionate cat! Our Kitties normally return to regular activity (snack, bath, walking around the house) immediately after a grooming from Kitty’s Purrfect Spa!
Please keep in mind, some kitties will shed more the 24-48 hours following a groom, then shedding will dramatically decrease. Please click here to learn more on shedding.
We look forward to providing the best care for your pet in a clean, safe and stress-free environment!
You Hired a Professional
We understand your Kitty is part of your family. Please remember, you hired a well trained Certified Feline Master Groomer, who attended a rigorous two week school and has completed over 3,000 feline grooms in the homes of the cats we groom. Kitty’s Purrfect Spa understands how to handle your cat, your cat’s safety is the highest priority. Everything done during the grooming process is done for the overall health and safety of your feline. Sometimes a cat will act up, like a child, to get your attention when they are in a new situation. We ask that you allow Kitty’s Purrfect Spa to handle your cat during the groom.
Last Minute Changes to Your Appointment
Once an appointment is scheduled, Kitty’s Purrfect Spa views it as a contract for the work requested. As such, Kitty’s Purrfect Spa schedules employees to meet the job contracted for. Appointments canceled or changed with less than 48 hours notice place a financial burden on Kitty’s Purrfect Spa, in turn a cancelation fee will be charged. Missed appointments will be billed by invoice for the full amount the appointment was scheduled for. If the cat is not ready to be handed to groomer when the groomer is set up, waiting and/or round up fees apply. If the cat cannot be located, or grooming is not required after the groomers arrival, full payment is due plus any waiting fees. Our full list of policies can be found at Frequently Asked Questions and Terms, Conditions, and Policies. Kitty’s Purrfect Spa reserves the right to refuse service to anyone for any reason while observing the Federal Civil Rights Act of 1964.